UPDATE: I have fixed bugs with the Minecraft, Deus Ex, and League of Legends Banners. Please download again!
UPDATE 2: ...and a bug with the JC2 banner. Fuck me. lol
I'm a guy who loves to display my games and so forth, but with the advent of digital gaming and distribution, I don't have boxes laying around that I can display. For some time I've been looking for something that allows me to display my games on my desktop in a way reminiscent of boxes on a shelf... or say, like the DDR interface, but never found anything satisfactory. So, I improvised and did it myself.
GameBanners is a collection of simple Rainmeter buttons created in Rainpad. The banners themselves are a combination of resources found around the internet put together in Photoshop.
This was created for personal use, so I don't intend to supply a lot of support. Nonetheness, if you need any help feel free to ask here and I'll see what I can do.
Steam games in this list are set up as Steam links. Non-steam games like Guild Wars 2 link to their respective folder paths. If you would like to link to a non-Steam game through Steam, follow these instructions:
1. In your steam library, right click the game and click "Create Desktop Shortcut."
2. On the desktop, find the shortcut. Right click it and select "Properties."
3. Under "URL," copy the entire line starting with "steam://" and ending in a series of numbers, which is the game's ID.
4. Right click the GameBanner you wish to change, and find the following line:
LeftMouseUpAction = !Execute ["URL HERE"]
5. Replace the "URL HERE" text with the URL you copied from the game shortcut's properties window between the quotes. Save, and exit Notepad.
6. Right click the Rainmeter skin, and click "Refresh skin."
7. You're done! You're also free to delete the desktop shortcut you created, if you'd like.
If you would like to create your own banners using this style, you may use the PSD file here: [link]